- Toyna Chin, San Francisco, CA
Internet Marketing Strategies and Drupal Tips
Let’s download the latest version of Drupal 7
My next step is to update all the Drupal 6 modules and Drupal core from 6.20 to 6.22. I changed directories to example6-dev and ran the command "drush update". I got the message asking if I really want to do this. Be sure to backup robots.txt and .htaccess files which will be over written. So I created a backups folder in example6_dev and made backup copies of robots.txt and .htaccess.
I’ve heard so much about Drush, the command line shell used to speed up mundane Drupal tasks such as downloading and installing modules. I remember that when I first started learning how to use Drupal, much of my learning time was taken up with downloading and installing the newly updated modules. Then I learned how to turn off the update notifications and decided to update at regular intervals.
1. Many of the features you are asking for come built in with Drupal 6
- one step account sign up
- auto fill of billing address at the checkout
Drush Make is:
- used to make Drupal Distributions
- has site manifest including every version and patch
- easy for devs to quickly get up to speed on a project
- you can eliminate duplicate repositories
encourages contributing back to the community
Happy Thanksgiving from Katy and the staff here at SeascapeWebDesign.com.
Here is an excellent strategy to improve your ranking in Google, Yahoo and Bing, the top 3 search engines. I recently wrote this article while writing a proposal for a prospect. They asked Seascape Web Design to help them improve their search engine rankings and to increase traffic to their Drupal website.
What's your online strategy? Contact Katy for your own custom strategy to rock your Google ranking.
1. Preliminary report to determine where you rank for specific keywords is included in this proposal. We perform tests to determine how many sites link back to you. These are called backlinks or link popularity. We also test how many of your website pages are indexed by the top 3 search engines, Google, Yahoo, Bing.
At the end of every article you get to add your information - your name and business name including a link to your website. This personal closing encourages readers to click on the link to visit your website to learn more about you and your business.
Enhance your Visibility! Contact Katy for free 30 minute Skype consultation. Only 5 time slots available.