- Toyna Chin, San Francisco, CA
Internet Marketing Strategies and Drupal Tips
1. Use Hootsuite or TweetAdder to schedule your tweets throughout the day. Some people (like me) send tweets when they have the time and end up sending a bunch at one time. But I’ve learned it’s much better to schedule your tweets using a tool like Hootsuite or TweetAdder and send 15-20 tweets throughout the day. This way you will gain more Klout.
On Oct. 15, Bibiana McHugh will officially announce the release of the Open Trip Planner (OTP) for the Portland metro area. OTP is an open source, multi-modal trip planner that was developed in conjunction with TriMet, Open Plans, and several revolutionary developers.
On Sept. 15th, the Surrey Drupal meetup is having a panel discussion on Drupal Development Environments called How do you Drupal? So in preparation, I'm writing about the Dev environment I use everyday, (XAMPP 1.6.8 for Windows), ones I've tried out (Acquia Dev Desktop, Zend Studio) and one I plan to install soon (VirtualBox, QuickStart and Drush). What are your favourite Development platforms and tools? Leave your comments below.
We are looking for speakers for upcoming events. Share your expertise and get visibility for your project or company. It's a great way to give back to the community. Contact the organizers and sign up here: http://www.meetup.com/surrey-drupal
Update: The PNW Drupal Summit is now SOLD OUT!
Some people may have tickets available. Go to
You can get accommodations onsite at the Portland State Univ Conference and Hotel. http://www.pdx.edu/conferences/accommodations
WARNING! Do NOT click on any links found in a direct message on Twitter that says, “haha the look on your face in this pix is priceless! [shortened link]. Clicking on the link will take you to a fake Twitter login page, where you will be asked to re-enter your username and password.
Please avoid clicking on the link and be sure to alert all your followers about the attack. If you have accidently clicked on the link and entered your login details, then change the password of your Twitter and all other accounts immediately. Also, contact your followers to avoid the message and ask them to change their account password as well.
Topics covered include:
- Basic version control commands and concepts
- Introduction to Distributed Version Control Systems (DVCS)
- Advanced branching workflows
- Strengths and weaknesses of DVCS vs. centralized tools
- Best practices
- How distributed version control works under the hood
Here are the steps I took:
Make directory called found
$ git ~/.ssh
$ mkdir found
$ cd found
$ git init
Now we have an empty repository called the local repo or working directory.
To download the repo from the dev site
$ git clone url-of-your-remote-repo
Then I copied all the site files to htdocs/gvi-found
And I installed the Drupal site there.
Yesterday I received notifications from Unfuddle that our Git Repo has been updated several times. So my next step is to update my local repo.
1. Check the status of my local repo
$ git status
2. Download all the new updates from the remote repo
$ git pull
3. Copy all new files to the Drupal directory in htdocs.
Next time I will create the Git Repo in my htdocs/gvi-found directory so I don’t need to manually update my Drupal site files. That’s on my To Do List for tomorrow.