- Toyna Chin, San Francisco, CA
1. Use Boron as a starter theme and build your own HTML5 Drupal theme for Drupal 6 and 7. http://drupal.org/project/boron
2. Learn how to incorporate HTML5 in your Drupal projects here:
3. Drupal has an HTML 5 video player module.
4. More info on HTML5 here:
2. This tutorial was written in 2009, so some of the HTML5 specs have changed since then.
- The element header must not appear as a descendant of the footer element.
- The section element should not be used to wrap articles just to demarcate content as described here http://html5doctor.com/the-section-element/
You can view the video screencast and download the slides here:
A big thank you to Roberto and Izzy for doing lightning talks:
jensimmons [~firstname.lastname@example.org/user/140882/view] has joined #drupal-html5
<katy5289> Hi Jen, do you recommend we start using html5 in Drupal 7 themes?
<jensimmons> katy5289: yeah!
<jensimmons> I'm going to....
<jensimmons> when it makes sense
<katy5289> when would that be?
<jensimmons> depends on the client and the budget of the project etc etc
<jensimmons> but also — why not!?!
HTML5 is ready to use today, and Scott will show you how to use it in your Drupal themes. During this session, you will learn the answer to these questions:
- What is HTML5?
- What features does it offer me?
- How do I set up my themes to use it?
- How well supported is it?
- New semantic HTML tags like header, nav, footer, article, aside and section
- new API that allows one to edit webpages in your browser
- draw pictures in your browser using <canvas> tag.
- a new video tag that plays video files in iPad and iPhone - Will it replace Flash?