How to Create Your Company Facebook Page
With over 500 million users on Facebook, it makes sense to have a Page on Facebook.com for your business. They are also important because they show up high in the search engine results. And you can also get an unlimited number of "fans" for your Facebook Page, unlike your regular Facebook profile which has a maximum of 5,000 friends.
Here's how to create a Facebook page for your company:
1. First you log into your personal account.
2. Now you can add a Facebook Page to promote your Business on Facebook.com
3. Click on "Ads and Pages" on the menu on the left hand side of your Profile Home
4. See the section titled "Deepen Your Relationships". Click on "Promote your Facebook" link located under this title. Or use this link to go there directly: http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
5. Click on "Create a Page" button.
6. See the second section entitled, "Official Page". This is the section you want.
7. Choose Local Business and then choose one of the categories listed in the drop down menu. Thereís not a lot of choices. If they donít have a category that applies to your business, you can stick with "Local Business". They didnít have one for Web Design. "Technology and Telecommunications" didnít seem to fit so I chose "Professional Service". I donít know if you can change your category later on. If you donít like your category and you are still setting up your page, you can delete your page and start again. This will allow you to choose a new category.
8. Choose a name for your Facebook page. Please note that you will not be able to edit the name of a Page after it has been created. You can include keyword phrases to help to improve your search engine rankings. I chose to put the keyword first "Vancouver Web Design by SeascapeWebDesign.com"
9. Add your logo for image. Vertical logos seem to look best. You can choose a smaller logo image to be your Avatar.
10. View the "Getting Started" tab and add your company info including physical address and office hours and website address
11. Post items and links of interest on your wall for your visitors to view.
12. Add photos of your products or portfolio pieces
How to Promote Your Facebook Page:
- After you get 25 fans, you will be able to get a custom URL also called vanity URL. Which means that you can choose your own URL for your Facebook page.
- You will want to promote your Facebook page on your website. Use a Facebook image and link to your Facebook page with the text "Become a Fan on Facebook".
- You can also add a "Like" button so your friends can recommend your Facebook page to their friends. Thereís also a "Like Box" which takes up a lot more space.
Send me links to your Facebook pages and I will "Like" them for you. In case you were wondering, "Like" is another term for "Recommend to a Friend" in the Facebook world.
Donít have time to set up your own Facebook page? We will set one up for you. Contact us today for your 15% discount on Building and Promoting your Facebook Page Package.
View our Facebook page We're adding to it daily.
Thanks for reading!
Kathryn Laan, Creative Director
Seascape Web Design
Find us on Facebook